Are you struggling with your weight and self-care? Do you find it difficult to love yourself unconditionally? If so, you’re not alone. Many women feel this way, but the good news is that there are ways to inspire and improve self-love. One way is to read love yourself quotes. These love yourself quotes can help remind you that you are worth loving, no matter what your weight or size. So if you’re looking for some inspiration, keep reading! Below is 44 love yourself quotes that will boost your self-esteem.
Who said love yourself before you can love others?
You have probably heard this phrase before, “you cannot love someone else until you love oneself.” Do you struggle with how to love yourself? Does anyone know how to accept oneself completely?
The truth is that most people love themselves conditionally. We love ourselves when we have good hair days, when our clothes fit just right, or when we receive compliments from others.
But what about the days when we don’t feel so good about ourselves? In those days, it was hard to love yourself, wasn’t it?
If you want to love yourself unconditionally, it is important to remember that you are worthy of love no matter what. You are beautiful and unique, just the way you are.
Self-love quotes help battle perfection and empower your authentic self.
Perfection is an unrealistic standard that nobody can meet. Learning to love yourself for who you are is an important step in building self-worth and being true to yourself as well as fulfilling one’s heart.
What does it mean to love yourself before you love others?
It means that you should love and accept yourself first before expecting someone else to love and accept you. It can be difficult to love yourself, especially if you have low self-esteem.
However, it is possible to learn how to love yourself by accepting your flaws and imperfections.
Instead of being critical of yourself or focusing on your imperfections, try to focus on your strengths. Recognize what makes you special and love everything about yourself, even the things that make you feel vulnerable.
It is also important to be your true self versus being who you think others need you to be. For example, set boundaries.
Know what you deserve so that you teach people how to treat you. Stop allowing others to steal your very soul.
I enjoy this love yourself before loving others quote by Edmond Mbiaka,
“The absence of self-love can never be replaced with the presence of people’s love for you.”
Self-love quotes are the great miracle cure.
Be honest with yourself about your thoughts, feelings, and desires. Don’t be afraid to express your true emotions or be who you are.
When you focus on self-love first, it is simpler to love others. You’re not working from a self-love deficit. Instead, you love abundantly!
When you have a strong sense of self-love and acceptance, you will be less likely to seek validation from others.
You will be able to give it to yourself! It becomes a life long romance.
If you are looking for self-love quotes that will help you love yourself, consider reading some love yourself quotes.
These quotes can remind you of all the amazing qualities you have and encourage you to love yourself unconditionally.
It’s not selfish to practice self-love. You are the only who who can establish self-respect, genuine self-esteem, healthy self-worth, and unconditional self-love.
So don’t wait any longer – establish true self-esteem and start loving yourself today with these love yourself quotes.
Here is some love yourself quotes about finding your gifts:
Knowing your purpose and using your gifts in life will help you not only find joy in your days but also love yourself fully and unconditionally.
- “All are uniquely gifted. We are blessed to discover a unique light in our own lives.” Mary Dunbar
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”― William James
- “No one is you and that is your superpower.” —Unknown
- “Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “You owe it to yourself to become everything you’ve ever dreamed of being.” – Unknown
- “You are good enough to make whatever you want to achieve possible. You just need to find your talent and passion, then put a heck a lot of work into it.” —Ashley Graham
- “I’m going to make everything around me beautiful. That will be my life.” —Elsie de Wolfe
- “If you don’t know what you’re here to do, then just do some good.” – Dr. Maya Angelou
How do I love myself more than anyone else?
One of the best ways to practice self-love is to practice self-care. This can involve things like making time for rest, relaxation, eating nutritious foods, getting regular exercise, and spending time with supportive friends and family.
You have only yourself to be responsible for so my guess, is it’s time to make yourself a priority. When you do, all else falls into line.
Even if you’re taking care of kids or other family members, you must put your own self first, so that you can care for others from a full cup, not an empty well.
Another way to love yourself more is to practice gratitude. When you take the time to appreciate all of your blessings, big and small, it can help you feel more connected and empowered in your life.
If you’re looking for love quotes that will encourage you to love yourself more, consider reading some love yourself quotes that highlight the importance of putting yourself first.
Love yourself quotes for putting yourself first.
- “The more you love yourself, the less nonsense you’ll tolerate.”
- “Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind. Body. Spirit.”
- “Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish – it makes you indestructible.”
- “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.”
- “If you don’t love yourself, nobody else is going to love you.”
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”
- “Self-care is never a selfish act — it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.”
- “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” – Parker Palmer
- “Love yourself first, because that’s who you’ll be spending the rest of your life with.”
- “Spend time with understanding who you are, after all the only person your ever going to truly live with is yourself.” – Anonymous
Will love yourself quotes build my self-esteem?
When you love yourself, you can have greater confidence in your abilities and more trust in yourself to make decisions and take actions that are right for you.
Practicing self-compassion and self-acceptance can help build your self-confidence and encourage you to love yourself more fully.
Some love yourself quotes that may be helpful in this regard are:
- “Talk to yourself like someone you love.” – Brene Brown
- “Love yourself. Be clear on how you want to be treated. Know your worth. Always.” – Maryam Hasnaa
- “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” – Rupi Kaur
- “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” – Dr. Maya Angelou
- “Seek to be whole, not perfect.” – Oprah
- “The right mental attitude will guide you towards feeling a sense of love that you deserve to experience.” – Anonymous
- “You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Dr. Maya Angelou
- “Do things that make you feel good: mind, body, and soul.” – Robyn Conley Downs
- “I am who I am. Not who you think I am. Not who you want me to be. I am me.” – Brigitte Nicole
- “She will rise. With a spine of steel and a roar like thunder, she will rise.” – Nicole Lyons
- “Life tried to crush her, but only succeeded in creating a diamond.” – John Mark Green
- “Love yourself so much that when someone treats you wrong, you recognize it.” – Rena Rose
- “Either they like you or they don’t. Never try to convince somebody of your worth. If a person doesn’t appreciate you, they don’t deserve you. Respect yourself and be with people who truly value ‘you.’” – Brigitte Nicole
- “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
One powerful way you can use these quotes is to turn them into mantras. A mantra is a word or phrase that is repeated over and over again as a form of meditation.
Repeating a mantra can help to quiet your mind and focus your thoughts on positive, affirming messages.
In essence, mantras create a way for the mind to learn and embrace self-love.
Love yourself quotes that are like mantras:
- “I love and accept myself exactly as I am.”
- “I am unapologetically myself.” – Unknown
- “Beauty begins the moment you decided to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
- “You have to choose yourself, even when others refuse to.” – R. H. Sin
- “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.” – Beyonce
- “Compassion for others begins with kindness to ourselves.” – Pema Chodron
- “You are of more value than many sparrows.” – Luke 12:7
- “You were born to be real, not to be perfect.” – Unknown
- “The only person I need to compare myself to is my yesterday self.” – Allison Sue
- “Self-care is how you take your power back.” – Lalah Delia
- “I will never apologize for being me, but I will apologize for the times that I am not.” – Michael Carini
- “This is my life… my story… my book. I will no longer let anyone else write it; nor will I apologize for the edits I make.” – Steve Maraboli
When you speak to yourself with such love and when you become your own best friend, life is easier.
Simple acts start by embracing self-care and self-love. You cannot truly love others without loving yourself first, so it’s important to make sure you are taking care of yourself both physically and emotionally.
Remember that you are gifted, you are lovable, and you are worthy of putting yourself first – stop coming last. Watch your entire universe change as you apply these love yourself quotes.
If you need help applying these changes and seeing a new you in the reflection, reach out for support. I would be happy to help! I will support you as you transform your mindset and love all of you, body, mind, and soul. Contact Lesley here.